NSC.INI FILE

Christy.New at cancer.org Christy.New at cancer.org
Thu Nov 1 16:44:40 CET 2007

There is an option to
   Optionally require a password for clients by changing the 'password'
   option in the [Settings] section
Please see below for example of the file:

[Settings]
;# OBFUSCATED PASSWORD
;  This is the same as the password option but here you can store the
password in an obfuscated manner.
;  *NOTICE* obfuscation is *NOT* the same as encryption, someone with
access to this file can still figure out the
;  password. Its just a bit harder to do it at first glance.
;obfuscated_password=Jw0KAUUdXlAAUwASDAAB
;
;# PASSWORD
;  This is the password (-s) that is required to access NSClient remotely.
If you leave this blank everyone will be able to access the daemon remotly.
;password=secret-password
;
;# ALLOWED HOST ADDRESSES
;  This is a comma-delimited list of IP address of hosts that are allowed
to talk to the all daemons.
;  If leave this blank anyone can access the deamon remotly (NSClient still
requires a valid password).
;  The syntax is host or ip/mask so 192.168.0.0/24 will allow anyone on
that subnet access
;allowed_hosts=127.0.0.1/32
;
;# USE THIS FILE
;  Use the INI file as opposed to the registry if this is 0 and the use_reg
in the registry is set to 1
;  the registry will be used instead.
use_file=1

Exactly what should I do here?  Just change the portion that says
(password=WHATEVER I WANT IT TO BE HERE)?

Very Respectfully,
Christy M. New
1(404)327-6490
American Cancer Society