Different notifications

Janet Post Janet.Post at excapsa.ca
Thu May 31 14:15:08 CEST 2007

Hello.

I have a similar configuration at my office.  The trick is all in how
you set up the contacts.  Set up your contacts with the notification
levels that they require separately, and than put them in a group
together, something like this:

Define contact {

Contact_name                           User-Email-Warn

Service_notification_options        w,r

Service_notification_commands   notify-by-email

...}

Define contact {

Contact_name                           User-SMS-Critical

Service_notification_options        c

Service_notification_commands   notify-by-sms-internet

...}

Remember that both of those contacts are the SAME user, but one gets
only warning (and recovery's) by email, and the other gets only
criticals by sms. Now you put both entries for this user into one
contact group:

Define contactgroup{

Contactgroup                             Email-and-SMS

Members                                   User-Email-Warn,
User-SMS-Critical

...}

Hope this helps.

Janet.