monitor disk usage only for a specified fs type (NFS)?

Babineau, Mike Mike.Babineau at Pearson.com
Wed May 30 19:06:45 CEST 2007

Short of using check_disk with a string of -X (--exclude-type) arguments
or writing a custom plugin, is there a way to monitor disk usage for
mounts of a specified fs type (in this case, NFS)?  The NFS mounts in
this case are rented, NAS'd-out SAN space, so I can't monitor the
source.  It seems like it may be possible with -p, but I haven't gotten
it to recognize any sort of wildcard.  Why does --exact-match exist if
-p won't accept partial paths/partitions or wildcards:

-E, --exact-match

For paths or partitions specified with -p, only check for exact paths

(I am using check_disk 1.79 packaged with nagios-plugins 1.4.5)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael Babineau

Production Services

Pearson Curriculum Group

mike.babineau at pearson.com

This email may contain material confidential to
Pearson.  If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.