requirements to use check_oracle in my nagios server

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Wed May 30 08:38:41 CEST 2007

On 30/05/07, Luis Gardea <gardealuis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes I have tnsping in nagios PATH
>
> [root at nagiosv2 nagios]# find / -name tnsping
> /home/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_3/bin/tnsping
>
> [root at nagiosv2 nagios]# exit
> exit
>
> [nagios at nagiosv2 ~]$ echo $PATH
> /usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/home/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_3/bin:/home/nagios/bin
>
> But the user nagios can't access to the path
> /home/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_3/bin/ , Maybe the problem
> will be about permissions. I don''t know

Try (as root):
  ls -ld /home/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_3/bin/

and:
  ls -l /home/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_3/bin/tnsping

that will tell you the permissions on the file and directory.  You
might need to check all the directories up the tree to see where the
permissions problem is.

to learn about permissions, read the man pages for ls, chmod and chown:
  man ls
  man chmod
  man chown

Please also remember to reply to the nagio-users at lists.sourceforge.net
address so that anyone can help (and anyone else can benefit from the
the individual when replying.

hth,  Jim