FW: Too many notifications

DeBattista, Joe Joe.DeBattista at ucsf.edu
Fri May 25 22:20:37 CEST 2007

Greetings,

    I'm new to nagios, so I'm still learning the in's and out's of the
program.  One thing I'm trying to figure out is how to not get so many
notifications.  When the host goes down, I receive a notice about that,
plus that all its services are now unavailable, and then the same amount
of notifications when the host is again available.  What I would like is
to get a single notification about the host outage and then one for when
the host is in service.  Is there an easy way to set this up?

I've been looking at service dependencies, and wondering if this is the
best way to handle this situation  I'd love to hear from the group on
possible solutions.  I'm currently running nagios 2.5 on  Red Hat Linux.
Thanks.

Joe DeBattista

UCSF, OAAIS

Internet:  joe.debattista at ucsf.edu