ANNOUNCE: NSCA Wrapper for easier passive checks

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Fri May 25 19:16:32 CEST 2007

I've just released an NSCA Wrapper script on Nagios Exchange in order to
turn normal ./check_plugin type commands into passive service checks.

I had a couple of passive service checks but now somebody wants more I
decided it was a waste of time to make little wrapper scripts for all of
them, so I've made a generic one that I can use for any plugin.
Finally I got round to making new passive checks just a one liner.

All you have to do is run

./nsca_wrapper -H HostName -S ServiceName -C ./check_plugin and it will
send the result as a passive check to your nagios server.

Full Details and the script are available at
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Check_Plugins.21.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=980&tx_netnagext_pi1[page]=70%3A10

As usual feedback and requests are welcome at this email address.

-h

--
Hari Sekhon