Increasing Nagios performance on multiprocessor server

magic_rooter magic.rooter at gmail.com
Thu May 24 10:10:43 CEST 2007

Hello everybody!
I have Nagios installed on 8 processor server with 8 Gb operational memory
and 2000 services to check. But server is not loaded even on 2%. I
want better performance and faster check on such powerful server
because it does not works in its full power. Often it stands and waits
for something and there are only 5-10 processes.
P.S. In nagios. cfg all checks are smart. But I think that Nagios  can
work faster. What directives I must change? May be by setting
service_inter_check_delay_method=d
and host_inter_check_delay_method=d?