Upgrading 1.2

Jeff nag at loserville.org
Thu May 24 03:00:35 CEST 2007

We have a 1.2 installation that monitors about 100 Fedora servers, all
of which run nrpe and the usual plugins.  There's also a mtrg
installation lurking around that's plugged in to Nagios.

We are considering upgrading. The goal is of the upgrade is better
performance, but the features of 2.x would be an added bonus. Does
anyone here have experience or advice on this? Can we expect an
appreciable performance increase (in other words, is it worth it?)

 Assuming that it is, I could sure use some pointers on the upgrade
itself. Can we (should we) consider upgrading to 2.9? What kind of
issues are we likely to face? Is it necessary to upgrade in steps? If
someone had suggestions or even just a referral to the appropriate docs,
it would be greatly appreciated.