Hosts and services not sending mail {Disarmed} {Fraud?}

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed May 16 21:08:48 CEST 2007

CRITICAL -
> *0*

> --------------------------
>
> As can be seen, it went thru the three criticals, went to CRIT HARD,
but
> no NOTIFICATIONS were sent, it just continued looking at other
services.

So far an apples v. oranges comparison. Host notifications and service
notifications are pretty independent of each other.

> I've got
> enable_notifications=1 set in nagios.cfg
> In services.cfg, I've got:
> notification_period             24x7
> notifications_enabled           1       ; Service notifications are
> enabled
> notification_interval           15      ; Default interval - change
only
> if needed in the service config

Where do you have this? In the host definition, service definition or
both? You need it in both if you want to receive notifications for both.
You will also want to verify that you have appropriate
service_notification_options specified for your contacts (c,r are
typical).

Please post the entire service definition for
contactpoint3;sendmail_check, including any templates it references as
well as the contact{} definitions for this service (munge e-mail
address/private info)...

--
Marc