Status Change at SOFT 2 ?

Demetri Mouratis dmourati at cm.math.uiuc.edu
Wed May 16 19:50:48 CEST 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Martin Schichl wrote:

> My problem is, that I get within my 200 watched services often CRITICALS al=
> thought
> there is just a simple network-problem and not a REAL problem. This network=
> -problem is
> normally gone at the next query.

Hi Martin,

It sounds like you could do one or both of the following:

1.  Tweak normal_check_interval and retry_check_interval to make them long
enough to miss your network problems:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#service

2.  Use host/service dependencies to define and monitor the intermediate
network gear causing your network problems:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#hostdependency
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#servicedependency

As you didn't specify your version or whether you are talking about the
web interface or notifications, the above assumes you are using
Nagios 2.x and that you are talking only about soft status changes visible
only in the web interface and not talking about hard state changes and
notifications.

-D