Status Change at SOFT 2 ?

Martin Schichl martin.schichl at scc.co.at
Tue May 15 21:15:02 CEST 2007

Dear list,

as I did not get any hints on my original questions, I try to formulate my problem
a little bit in another way.

My problem is, that I get within my 200 watched services often CRITICALS althought
there is just a simple network-problem and not a REAL problem. This network-problem is
normally gone at the next query.

My first idea was to tell nagios via a config file, that it shall change it's status from
OK to CRITICAL not before state SOFT 2.
But I think this is not the way ...?

Other ideas:

- Is it possible to "tell" nagios that network-problems are not CRITICALS ?
	(Dangerous, because after a bunch of network problems you cannot tell if
	the service is still alive)

- Or can you tell nagios always send two requests at nearly the same time.

Thanx,

Martin

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Schichl
SC&C Software, Communication & Consulting GmbH & Co KEG

EDV - Internet - PR - Events

Reininghausstr. 13, A-8020 Graz
Tel. +43/(0)316/90 85 00, Fax +43/(0)316/90 85 00 -90
Mobil: +43/676/840 439 100
martin.schichl at scc.co.at, http://scc.co.at

PGP-Key:
https://keyserver2.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0xFDE06BE3FC7D0DBA