Remote check.... using nsca?

Per Jørgensen udbytossen at gmail.com
Fri May 11 07:51:25 CEST 2007

Hey Sebastion

Answers later on

  _____

Fra: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] På vegne af Sebastien
Roy
Sendt: Thursday, May 10, 2007 5:07 PM
Til: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Emne: [Nagios-users] Remote check.... using nsca?

Hey folks,

I tryed to play a bit with nsca and I'm able to send some text message to
test it and that's works fine, but I have a couple of question about that...

1- Why I would use nsca to monitor something? How I should use it (example)?

Well at my work we have a lot of servers hosted somewhere else (our
productionservers) and our testserver placed in house. Instead of having to
different interfaces etc – then you use nsca to commit the results of check
to the other location and then have watch it all on 1 interface.

 Can I use some plugin with nsca?

yes

  How can I monitor Windows workstation remotly, for disk, memory, cpu
usage, etc...?

Well I use the snmp on all host (linux,windows) both places and the result
are sent  :-)

2- If I need to monitor a remote site with a couple of
workstation/switches/router, what could be the best way to monitor it if I
can't monitor it directly (remote site with dynamic external IP).

Well if you have static IP one place – Set the Master machine there – and
having nsca send the results to that (again :-)  )

So basicly it sounds like you should read the manual more about the nsca ( I
have been there :-( )  and well then go ahead.

It’s really not that difficult when you’re in it.

Greetings

Per Jørgensen

www.mobilepeople.com

Thanks

--

Sébastien Roy

Administrateur de Systèmes Senior / Senior System Administrator

PointPub Media Communications Inc. - St-Eustache, Canada
Bur.: (450) 735-4006 ..:.. Cell.: (514) 867-1079
 <mailto:Sebastien.Roy at pMedia.CA> Sebastien.Roy at pMedia.CA
 <http://www.pointpubmedia.com/> www.pointpubmedia.com ..::..
<http://www.unevitrinesurlemonde.com/> www.unevitrinesurlemonde.com