Nagios v2.9 disappearing hosts/services

Steven Haigh steven_haigh at pacific.net.au
Mon May 7 07:37:19 CEST 2007

 Hi again all,

I am still having an issue with disappearing hosts from the nagios
service detail page. The summary shows:

Ok 	Warning 	Unknown 	Critical 	Pending
206	10		13		48		6

All Problems 	All Types
71			283

However, on the service detail page, only 14 services across 4 hosts are
displayed.

There is only one nagios process running:
# ps -lAF | grep nagios
1 S nagios    7141     1  0  80   5 -  6135 stext   5220   0 15:31 ?
00:00:00 /usr/sbin/nagios2 -d /etc/nagios2/nagios.cfg
0 S root      8851  5904  0  78   0 -   413 pipe_w   512   3 15:36 pts/0
00:00:00 grep nagios

I can't find anything via google or the FAQs etc that may explain this.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?