Log startup time for nagios 2.7

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu May 3 07:54:00 CEST 2007

On 3 May 2007, at 03:04, Marantz, Roy wrote:

> No, but I was looking into it.  I didn't think it would help the
> nagios
> process startup, does it?

In fact, NDO slows it down because it has to send a lot of data for
large installations. Scratch that idea.

Do you have a distributed environment? Passive checks are not
processed during the reloading of the configuration, so the number of
passive checks queued up. When the configuration has been read,
Nagios has to empty the external command file before starting regular
checks. Use nagiostat to see the buffer slot values straight after
startup - this will give an idea

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243