Parents config with redundant firewalls

Eric Webster sophomeric at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 18:00:18 CEST 2007

I am looking to set some parent directives for some remote hosts here,
but the parent would be a firewall that is redundant, as in it is
actually two systems that fail over as needed.

What would be the best way to set this up in Nagios so that it
monitors them correctly and also displays them correctly in the map?

I was thinking of making a third host for the firewall that is defined
using the IP(s) they share so it is always monitoring the active one.
This leaves the question of the status map though. If it's something I
just have to deal with, I'm fine with that. I'm just being meticulous
really.