is there a way to set host min_check_attempt?

Dinçer Kavraal dkavraal at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 18:51:48 CEST 2007

Thanks Thomas, actually I was very much trying to do at least 5-checks
before changing DOWN status of an host. But this was a problem of "blocking"
strategy of Nagios v1 and v2. Thus, I am waiting for v3. In fact it is in
alpha stage at the moment. I can't trust it -as you can guess why- before
even a few beta stages.

I will be looking for a way to prevent "blocking" host check strategy.

Before this, I tried to close active checks of hosts and prevent any host
checks. Any host had only one service which was host check (as a service).
So those could be parallelised, and I did. But it borns a problem.
UNREACHABLE status does not exist for me anymore.
After that, I tried to configure service depedency. However, then, only
notifications were disabled of child services. But I was expecting an
UNREACHABLE status for those.

Shortly - Summary
I am asking for a way to set UNREACHABLE status for child services under
service dependency.

Thanks,
Dinçer