how debug NsClient 2.0.1

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:35:40 CET 2007

Hi Marco,

The original  NSCLient does not have much support,
If your problem involves reworking NSclient it is writen in Pascal and
requites purchasing jedi library (information on this can be found in its
source code)

I would strongly suggest upgrading to a different windows plugin.

NC_NEt is an excelent substitute, since it can be installed and requires
no additional configuration except for disabling NSClient  and accepting it
in the windows firewall (which would be standard for any substitute)
(additional configuration is required if using custom port or password.) A
new version of this will be availible in about a week, but the current one
should meet your needs at least for testing until the new version is out.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nc-net

NSclinet++ is also a good substitute, I am not sure of the configuration
requirements but I believe the Nagion Configuration would remain mostly
unchanged.  (For more details of this, see the current Nagios Documentation
under Windows monitoring)

Tony (Author of NC_NEt)