Up Duration not being maintained over restarts

Aidan Anderson mail at aidananderson.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 13:09:18 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm a new user to Nagios and have recently installed the new 3.0a1
version on Fedora Core 5 from source.

I have been setting up various hosts and have noticed that when you
restart Nagios, some of the hosts being monitored do not retain their UP
duration (if they were in an UP state at the point of restart).  The UP
duration is reset to 0d 0h 0m 0s and starts counting up from there.

I investigated further and have noticed that all affected hosts have a +
symbol tagged on to the end of the duration, .e.g. 0d 1h 8m 41s+.  I've
also noticed that if any one of these hosts enters a down state and/or
recovers while Nagios is running, the + disappears from the end of the
duration and the correct state duration is maintained over restarts from
that point on.

I have read through this list and the documentation and can't find a
mention of what a + means and why the duration is being reset over restarts.

Any information to explain/correct this behaviour would be appreciated.

regards,
Aidan