host check delay problem

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Mar 15 21:44:01 CET 2007

What do you expect? You're doing something that the documentation specifically says not to do because it leads to that behavior. I've been telling you that your methodology is busted and wrong. You need to change it if you want nagios to work right.

> Some servers are out for 4-5 minutes because of some sophisticated :)
> construction issues which we are unable to be aware of. I just want them
> to be checked as usual even they are down.

They will be if you follow my guidance or read the documentation.

> That's all my problem. Host checks are not done as I have configured to be
> (1 min delay).
>
> Do you know a way out of this?

Yes, re-read this entire thread. Read the documentation. Re-read Service Check Scheduling. Re-read Determining Status and Reachability of Network Hosts. Everything I've said so far is well documented. Reading the documentation was the single best thing I did to understand how Nagios works and you will be well served by doing the same. If you do this you'll see that hosts are checked only when necessary and services are checked all the time, on your schedule.

--
Marc