Acknowledgement and notifications

G Bit routed2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 00:29:16 CET 2007

Hi,

When we get an alert notification, to prevent escalations, we acknowledge it first and then go
about fixing the problem. We ran into some other issues while doing this. We have grouped checks
together in one service. For eg. we have a bunch of log file checks and all are grouped as one
service "log_check". When we acknowledge on error, since it stops the notification on that
service, future alerts (due to different checks failing) are also missed.

Is there any way to solve this problem. Other than having 1:1 mapping for service to checks is
there any other solution.

Thanks.

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front