Nagios and LDAP group membership

Cyrille Bollu Cyrille.Bollu at fedasil.be
Wed Mar 14 10:07:08 CET 2007

Hi all,

I just subscribed to the list and wanted to give my feedback on the
message of Francois Pernet from 2007-01-22
(https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=38030310).

I would really love to be able to do Nagios AAA through LDAP.

I also set up LDAP authentication for Nagios and, I thing, it's only
limited by the contact_name in Nagios not matching the LDAP-authenticated
HTTP user; Our LDAP users are in the form "uid=cbu,dc=mycompany,dc=be"
where contact_name are in the form "cbu" (that's the uid in the LDAP dn...
so close to the goal...).

I just read in the Apache log documentation that the userid of the person
requesting the document as determined by HTTP authentication is typically
provided to CGI scripts in the REMOTE_USER environment variable. So, if
Nagios cgi do use this environment variable, it would be in my case as
simple as adding a small filter at the start of all Nagios cgi.

Best regards,

Cyrille