Getting too many Nagios notifications

Matthew Joyce MJoyce at ccia.unsw.edu.au
Wed Mar 14 07:57:56 CET 2007

Sage words Jim.
I've found myself adding services over the years, the other day I
started writing a script to analyse the service dependencies of a
windows server and generate service and service dependencies.
Luckily, in moment of clarity I realised it was getting out of control.

Now I take the attitude; what are the fewest things I can monitor to
adequately determine the health of this infrastructure.

Matthew Joyce
02 9382 0051 | IT Manager | Children's Cancer Institute Australia for
Medical Research