[Nagiosplug-help] Temperature Monitoring

Thomas Sluyter nagios at kilala.nl
Tue Mar 13 12:59:41 CET 2007

>> > do we have a pluggin to monitor temperature of the router / network
>> > devices. Or rather do we have any mechanism through which distinct
>> > OIDs can be monitored in nagios.
>>
>> Well, of course there is the lovely check_snmp ;)
>
> Can I get a specific example of using check_snmp.

Well, ./check_snmp -? is one specific example ;)

If you're looking for an example where check_snmp is used to read a
temperature from a Cisco box, then you're not going to get it from
me. I don't know the OID in question and you'll have to look it up in
the Cisco MIB. Other examples of the uage of check_snmp are rife on
the Internet.

Cheers!

Thomas