ANNOUNCE: Script to Generate Servicegroups

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 12 10:57:38 CET 2007

you're most welcome, I'm happy to contribute something back.

I was in the same boat, I had 3 groups, but couldn't be bothered to
write (and then have to maintain) the rest for ~400 services so I wrote
the script instead.

I use it to create a servicegroup-generated.cfg file and I still have my
own 3 groups in servicegroups.cfg, both sourced in nagios.cfg so I have
the best of both worlds.

This is good in case you want to group services with different names by
hand for convenient lookups/perms in nagios interface.

-h

Hari Sekhon