query about passive checks and tactical overview

Sloane, Robert Raymond sloane at ku.edu
Fri Mar 9 16:36:24 CET 2007

> Enable active checks for the hosts/services but set their
> check_period to none.

This used to work, but now the check_period is enforced for the
freshness check.  Here is a patch that will change back to the old
behaviour.  This is for version 2.5.

*** checks.c~	Tue Jun 20 19:59:19 2006
--- checks.c	Thu Sep 28 10:27:04 2006
***************
*** 1731,1741 ****
  		/* skip services that are already being freshened */
  		if(temp_service->is_being_freshened==TRUE)
  			continue;
!
  		/* see if the time is right... */

if(check_time_against_period(current_time,temp_service->check_period)==E
RROR)
  			continue;
!
  		/* EXCEPTION */
  		/* don't check freshness of services without regular
check intervals if we're using auto-freshness threshold */
  		if(temp_service->check_interval==0 &&
temp_service->freshness_threshold==0)
--- 1731,1741 ----
  		/* skip services that are already being freshened */
  		if(temp_service->is_being_freshened==TRUE)
  			continue;
! #if 0
  		/* see if the time is right... */

if(check_time_against_period(current_time,temp_service->check_period)==E
RROR)
  			continue;
! #endif

--
Bob Sloane, University of Kansas Computer Center, Lawrence, KS, 66045
Email:sloane at ku.edu http://www.ku.edu/home/sloane Phone:(785)864-0444

reporting any issue.