check_dhcp question...

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:48:09 CEST 2007

yes on that truly different machines note, I have noted than isc's dhcpd
doesn't give a dhcpoffer back to it's own interface, hence I'm running
my dhcp check from a different server to the dhcp server.

also make sure the dhcprequest is going out of the right interface (my
defaulted to eth0 but this was not plugged it, I was using eth1)

other than that, all the basic stuff, check iptables, perhaps try
different versions of the plugin in case there is a bug, make sure your
dhcp server is on the same subnet or you at least have a dhcp relay on
your subnet etc etc.

-h

Hari Sekhon