Sybase check on windows servers

Florent HOUBART Florent.HOUBART at Ajilon.fr
Fri Jun 22 13:44:57 CEST 2007

Hello Lalita,

>This means I will have to pass that particular service name individually
>to check_nt.

You can use Nagios macros for this. Use $HOSTNAME$ to get the name of the service's associated host. For this to work, you have of course to name your host with their hostname.

>Is there any way to resolve this so that I can just mention the
>hostgroup name and need not write separate checks.

You may have to define a command to use this macro, like the following :
define command {
         command_name check_sybase
         command_line /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt -v SERVICESTATE -d SHOWALL -l STBSQL_$HOSTNAME$
}
and use this command in your service definition.

Hope it will help,

Florent