Plugin that will test nagios.cfg

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 22 12:51:06 CEST 2007

did you see my last email regarding this and reload vs restart?

also, something I forgot to add, here is a very basic shell test that I
run through cron to check nagios is up and email me if not:

$PLUGIN_DIR/check_nagios -F $NAGIOS_STATUS_LOG -e 5 -C $NAGIOS_BINARY > $LOG

if [ $? != 0 ]; then
        /bin/mail -s "Nagios may not be running!" $RECIPIENT < $LOG >
/dev/null
fi

obviously you need to set the $VARIABLES to the paths of your nagios
binary, log file, plugin directory where the check_nagios plugin is located.

Hope that helps.

-h

Hari Sekhon