Nagios HTTP monitoring

Jerad Riggin jriggin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 22:48:08 CEST 2007

I'm new to Linux and new to Nagios so this may sound very stupid.  Basically
I have everything up and running, ping tests work, http tests work, and the
smtp test I have setup works.  If the host goes down I get a host down alert
and a host up alert once the problem is resolved.  Is there a way to have
Nagios send me an alert for critical status?  I'm pretty sure I have that
setup but it isn't working.  After this I went ahead and set up basic HTTP
monitoring for all of our servers, however, 403 errors are not sending any
notifications to me.  Also, I'm trying to monitor the CRM site on our
windows domain however since the Linux box is obviously not on the domain,
it can't authenticate when hitting the site so it can't find the string i've
specified.  Any ideas on how to make nagios authenticate and then check the
string?

Thanks