Nagios and eventum - anyone tried that yet?

Peter Edmonds termx23 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:26:34 CEST 2007

> On 6/18/07, dirk.westfal at frankfurter-verein.de
> <dirk.westfal at frankfurter-verein.de> wrote:
>
> > i`m kicking an idea around: combining nagios and eventum (eventum.mysql.com).
> > The idea is to automagically create troubletickets from nagios alerts.

 I have setup Nagios to create troubletickets automatically in
 Dotproject before. Eventum should be even easier - from memory Eventum
 allows for tickets to be created via email. Just configure your
 notifications in Nagios to email to Eventum when a service / host
 check is CRITICAL and you are in business.

 For belt and braces, you could use only the acknowledgement
 notification to create the ticket. This will help control the number
 of tickets that get created, as the acknowledgement is (generally)
 generated by a human.

 Integrating your monitoring system with your ticketing system and your
 knowledge base / documentation store is the holy grail of sysadmins
 everywhere. When something blows up, the ticket gets created
 auto-magically and has the links to the breakfix instructions already
 in the ticket. I still haven't gotten to this stage yet :( Trying to
 get things "just right" is a PITA.

 Peter Edmonds