Nagios Looking Glass Creating Templates

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 21:10:05 CEST 2007

Hi Eric,

You can check the sync'ing using the debugging feature - it will say
"file xxx out-of-date, sync'ing with server... OK" etc.  It's impossible
to test properly through the shell - as there are a couple of views
which are loaded through Ajax - which isn't supported by either a shell
script or the Lynx browser.  You also cannot debug it through a shell
script as you need to be able to pass a variable into the request.

As for permissions, you need the following for the user the web-server
runs as (if you use NLG's client and server on the same machine, then
both sets of permissions apply):

on the server-side:

- read access to the whole of the server/ directory
- write access to the server/index directory
- read access to the Nagios var/ directory

on the client-side:

- read access to the whole of the client/ directory
- write access to the root of the client/ directory
- write access to the client/sync-files directory

Andy.