Nagios Looking Glass Creating Templates

Eric Hernandez navyeh at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 18:52:04 CEST 2007

I was setting this in the wrong place. I was doing it in the server not the client.
  It works great now.
  Thanks.

Eric Hernandez <navyeh at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Andy,
  I added this to s3_filter.inc.php
  but it does not show up in the drop down menu.  on the web page.

  $HostFilter[6] = new S3_NetworkFilter();
$HostFilter[6]->Create("test");
$HostFilter[6]->SetType("host");
$HostFilter[6]->AddHost("AA-CG-SW1");

  -eric

Andy Shellam <andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk> wrote:
  Hi Eric,

You don't need to create a separate template to only show specific hosts
- what you're looking for is a custom filter (which will get added to
the "filter hosts" drop-down, whichever template you're using.)

First off I take it you're using the latest 1.0.6 version? If so, see
the "filters.txt" file in the distribution - that's got some
instructions and examples on the different types of filters you can
create. You need to create a "host-specific" filter.

If the instructions in this file do not help, please contact me back
with where you're having difficulty.

Andy.