Distributed to Central Configuration

Marcus Fleige marcus.fleige at de.rhenus.com
Thu Jun 7 22:03:12 CEST 2007

Hi Demetri,

Demetri Mouratis schrieb:
> Does anyone on the list do anything similar they'd care to share? I'm
> looking over my scripts and thinking they were good but before I sit
> down to rewrite them I'd appreciate any input/suggestions.
I store my nagios config files in an svn repository with a dedicated nagios
main config file for each slave, telling it which config dirs to include.
After updating configs on the master server, the repository is commited.
Afterwards, i run a small shell script which connects to the nagios
slave servers,
updates the local replica of the repository and reloads the nagios daemon.

The only thing that has to be done once for every slave is the manual
change of
the rc-startscript to tell the daemon which config to use (master uses
nagios.cfg
including all config dirs, slave1 uses nagios-slaveserver1.cfg incl.
dir1-dirX etc.)

Hope this is worth mentioning it. ;-)

Regards,

Marcus Fleige