Distributed to Central Configuration

Demetri Mouratis dmourati at cm.math.uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 6 19:43:26 CEST 2007

Hi Nagios Users,

I'm migrating my Nagios monitoring setup from three standalone Nagios
servers to a Distributed/Central configuration.  In a past job, I had
written some fancy rsync/perl scripts to push the configs to Central,
whack them up, and then restart the nagios daemon on Central to take in
the new configs.  This was a great solution and allowed the smarts to live
on the Distributed side while still allowing for ease of syncing between
the Distribute and Central.

Does anyone on the list do anything similar they'd care to share?  I'm
looking over my scripts and thinking they were good but before I sit
down to rewrite them I'd appreciate any input/suggestions.

I'll post my end results by the end of this week.

Thanks.