Host shown down but not down on Nagios

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jun 5 16:33:50 CEST 2007

Verify that the host check returns the proper state when run as the
nagios user from the command line. Verify that you can ping the host
from the nagios command line. If you need help, provide the status
information, host definition and referenced command definition.

> also my harddrive is filling up really quickly and i mean really
quickly
> it writes like 5GB per 1hour to sql database how can i stop this?

Fix or disable whatever is filling up your sql database. A standard
Nagios install doesn't use sql and we can't/won't guess at what might be
filling it up. You know your server better than anyone on this list (or
should).

--
Marc