Host shown down but not down on Nagios

Nedim Bicic nedo72 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 16:11:02 CEST 2007

Hey everyone i have nagios 2.4 and i am monitoring about 500 services i have
a problem with one of my hosts is shown in critical can not ping state but
it can ping everything else fine its not disconnected i ca even ping the
device from my laptop its up but shown in red as down??

also my harddrive is filling up really quickly and i mean really quickly it
writes like 5GB per 1hour to sql database how can i stop this?

i am also running cacti just an fyi but everything has been working for 6
months with no problem of any sort