Nagios/n2rrd -> missing template for ping.t

Rogelio Bastardo scubacuda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 22:57:57 CEST 2007

On 7/30/07, Rogelio Bastardo <scubacuda at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I run "tail /var/log/nagios/rra/n2rrd.log", I see lots of this
> sort of thing:
>
> server01: Missing template for "server01" service "check_ping"
> "/etc/n2rrd/templates/rra/ping.t"

So, I fixed this (by adding a "#!/usr/bin/perl -w" at the top of the
n2rrd.pl file), but now I Nagios doesn't seem to be piping it to the
appropriate /var/log/nagios/rra/ folder like I would expect.

I "tail /var/log/nagios/rra/n2rrd.log" and don't see the
aforementioned error, so it seems like it's working, but no log files
seem to be growing, particularly the logs that are based on the ping.t
template I made.

I'm missing some key piece to this, but I'm not quite sure what it is.