Monitoring multiple windows clients behind a firewall

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 04:08:19 CEST 2007

dear Jeff,

how about setting up a VPN tunnel between Nagios and the external network?
then via the VPN you will have access to the communicate to the remote
hosts.

One thing to be carefull of is if the remote host is on a DSL and has a
dynamic IP assigned  by the ISP, instead of a static IP.(in this case
passive checks would most likely be a better solution, unless you use some
other script to keep the remote Address updated in the Nagios
configuration.)

also NC_NEt allows for configuring Passive checks to nagios, these are
configured using  NSCA
(NRPE is used to configure Active checks)

Good luck

tony (author of NC_NEt)