dont want notification when machine reboots

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Fri Jul 27 20:03:34 CEST 2007

I've been having a similar problem and have thought about the solution
but haven't gotten around to implementing it yet.  Mark Powell's
suggestion to rely on the service check notification is absolutely
right when you want to ignore brief bounces or lost pings.  I'm going
to do just that, but I will still have a host notification enabled
too...

I'll configure things so that the on-call engineers get the ping
service notification rather than the host notification - they don't
want to know about servers briefly bounced.  The host notifications
I'll send only to me by email so I will know the next day which
servers have bounced overnight.  I'm hoping that will bring me the
best of both worlds.

Cheers,

Jim