dont want notification when machine reboots

Dani dani at tydnet.org
Fri Jul 27 19:50:30 CEST 2007

A Divendres 27 Juliol 2007, Lalita Drolia va escriure:
> Hi,

Hi Lalita,

> I have nagios configured for our lab here. But the problem I am
> facing is that every time a user reboots his machine for some
> practical purposes, We get a down and subsequent up mail.
> I would not like to receive these mails.
> But I have not found a way where nagios would wait for 5 minutes
> after a machine goes down and then send out a notification,
>
> Is it possible?

Well, I think this is the normal behaviour for Nagios, to alert you when
something goes wrong...

Maybe your users could "schedule a downtime" for this when they want to
reboot the machine.

Besides, this machine is offering services? Wouldn't you like to know
when thereis a downtime for this machine?

greetings,

Dani