check_procs timeout - Solaris 10

Dani dani at tydnet.org
Tue Jul 24 18:28:07 CEST 2007

A Dimarts 24 Juliol 2007, Sapon, Dimitry va escriure:
> Hi guys,
Hi Dimitry,

Hi All, this is my first email to the list, so I hope I can help
somehow.

> I've run into a strange issue (which seems some have encountered
> before, yet I haven't found a fix) on a Solaris 10 box (SunOS 5.10).
> My check_procs just times out, no matter how long I let it run.

I'm working just now in a medium deployment of Nagios in a mixed
enviroment: Sol 8, 10 (sparc,x86) and linux and foundsome troubles with
check_procs.

Check at the end for my solution.
> Ex:
>
> command run: check_procs -w 2:3 -c 1000 -a SERVICE_NAME -t60
> returned result: CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 60 seconds

do you run it directly from the shell or through nrpe?

> Version is: check_procs (nagios-plugins 1.4.4) 1.53
>
> Other plugins like check_disk seem to work fine.
>
> I'm a bit confused and really would appreciate some help. Has anyone
> been able to pin point where the problem is in this case?

My problem with check_procs was different but we found the solution in
the next

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-2678/6m90st2dn?a=view

After applying the patch check_procs works great under solaris.

Good Luck,

Dani