no etc file

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jul 24 16:36:17 CEST 2007

What was the output of make install-config? That should have created the
~nagios/etc directory and the sample config files.

> I am using Ubuntu (I am also new to it) and Nagios3.0a4 been following
the
> ubuntu quickstart guide from site with no luck.

Be aware that nagios-3 is currently ALPHA software. That means that it
is not ready for production, has bugs, things will be broken and you
will have problems. If you are new to linux and new to nagios, it's
probably not your best choice unless you are willing to accept those
caveats. While the hope is that bugs will be minimal, it has not
undergone significant real-world testing so you are likely to encounter
issues that no-one else has seen before.

--
Marc