libgd problems

mashtin.bakir at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 16:28:57 CEST 2007

I'm trying to build nagios2.9 on linux. There already happens to be
an older one installed via RPM as well as libgd, libpng and libjpeg
so I'm (re)installing from source.

nagios 2.9 compiles but complains about GD, PNG or jpeg library.
Install gd-2.0.33 and libpng-1.2.18 and they both compile without error.
The error I get when nagios compiles is where it says

Checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 1)... no

If I've compiled libgd and libpng, installed them in the default
(/usr/local), what else do I need to do for them to be recognized?

Thanks