Nagios-users Digest, Vol 14, Issue 21

Mihai Tanasescu mihai at duras.ro
Mon Jul 23 21:29:48 CEST 2007

 >I added temperature monitoring of our C3750 stack (mrtg not nagios)
just >the other day - the oid is something like
 >1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.1.3.1005 where 1005 is the sensor number - try
 >doing an snmpwalk one step up in the oid tree and you should get all
 >your available sensors. >For nagios there is a package called
"snmp4nagios" (i think its on >nagiosexchange not sure though) and in
this package is a >"check_cisco_temp" that checks the temperature
sensors. >-- >Esben Bobby wrote:

> > Hi Mihai,
> >
> > Regarding  Cisco's temp on their SW/Router, you can view the actual figure
> > via its Web-Interface (CDM = Cisco Device Manager)
> >     First, check your SW config if http is enable, example settings are:
> >
> > #
> > ip classless
> > ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x
> > ip http server
> > #
> > * on the Dashboard of the URL is the exact current temp of you SW/Router.
> >
> > On the CLI, instead of the #sh env temp   ;  please use the  #sh env all
> > (to display the exact temp values)
> >
> > Well, about its config on the Nagios, I am quite interested on that too.
> > Ill see if I can get something about it.

Hello,

Unfortunately the C3750 and C2960 don't have any temperature sensors
(they don't show anything in degrees)

Ex:
access#sh env all
FAN is OK
TEMPERATURE is OK
SW  PID                 Serial#     Status           Sys Pwr  PoE Pwr  Watts
--  ------------------  ----------  ---------------  -------  -------  -----
 1  Fixed                                            Good

SW  Status          RPS Name          RPS Serial#  RPS Port#
--  -------------   ----------------  -----------  ---------
1   Not Present     <>

I don't have any web interface installed on it..as I'm quite paranoid
about having web stuff installed on routers from a security point of view.

>1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.1.3.1005   where 1005 is the sensor number - try
>doing an snmpwalk one step up in the oid tree and you should get all
>your available sensors.

I tried doing a walk one step up but no luck..it doesn't have that OID.

All I could find was:

chassisTempAlarm.0 = 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.2.13.0 shows 1 = off

I presume (correct me if I'm wrong) that the previous chassisTempAlarm
was what I was looking for (I guess it should become 2 = on in case of a
heat problem).

If so then I'll use snmp with this to monitor the status of my equipments.