CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 10 seconds. {Disarmed} {Fraud?}

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jul 19 16:17:39 CEST 2007

Yes, or it took longer than 10 seconds for the check to complete.

> After I restarted xinetd which is use to run nrpe the nagios
monitoring windows showed status "OK"
> for that disk.

That would definitely point to xinetd being the issue as opposed to
NRPE. Verify that you don't have any connection limitations in xinetd.
Check your system log files for errors from xinetd related to this
check. When this error occurs, run the check from the command line as
the nagios user exactly as you have it defined in the command{}
definition, substituting in values for all appropriate macros. That's
usually quite informative.

> What could cause this error message? I'm trying to use Nagios when
there
> is a real problem not wanting to get flooded with emails.

A good reason to use it. Sounds like you just might need to tune your
environment to work with the way you're using Nagios.

--
Marc