CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 10 seconds.

Jake Solid richardsolid at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:19:48 CEST 2007

I got this error message:

***** Nagios 2.9 *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM

Service: Disk3 Usage
Host: host1.domain.pst
Address: 1.2.3.4
State: CRITICAL

Date/Time: Thu Jul 19 09:03:13 EDT 2007

Additional Info:

CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 10 seconds.

When I checked the disk space of my Disk3 everything was ok. This error
messages looks more like a connectivity problem. After I restarted xinetd
which is use to run nrpe the nagios monitoring windows showed status "OK"
for that disk.

What could cause this error message? I'm trying to use Nagios when there is
a real problem not wanting to get flooded with emails.

Thanks for the inputs.