Notification Issues.

Lacayo, Luis F lflacayo at cps.k12.il.us
Mon Jul 16 19:22:21 CEST 2007

HI Everyone,

Hope all is well with all of you, I have a problem that someone might be able to help.  I am running Nagios 2.7 on RHES 4.0.

My problem is that I have several contact groups,  and a wrong group is receiving the notifications.  I have looked at the host setup, the service setup and the templates, they all look like they are set up correctly.   AM I missing something here?

define service{

        use                             ping-service

        host_name                       co-csm01

        service_description             REAL-10.129.210.69 XXXMAIL

        contact_groups                  wan

        check_command                   check_slbrealstate!2.7.67.80.83.77.65.73.76.10.129.210.69.0!10.129.210.69!10.129.1.1

}

define host{

        use                     core-server

        host_name               co-csm01

        alias                     Cisco Load Balancer

        address                 10.129.208.4

#       parents                 co6509-1 co6509-2

        }

define service{

        name                            ping-service

        is_volatile                     0

        check_period                    24x7

        max_check_attempts              3

        normal_check_interval           10

        retry_check_interval            2

        notification_interval           120

        notification_period             24x7

        notification_options            c,r

        active_checks_enabled           1

        passive_checks_enabled          1

        parallelize_check               1

        obsess_over_service             0

        check_freshness                 1

        notifications_enabled           1

        event_handler_enabled           1

        flap_detection_enabled          1

        process_perf_data               1

        retain_status_information       1

        retain_nonstatus_information    1

        register                        0

        }

So the only people that should be notified should be the ones in the wan group..  but others are getting notified, I just can't place my finger on this one.

Luis

Luis F. Lacayo