using NDOUtils with Nagios

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jul 13 03:24:23 CEST 2007

As you heard, NDOUtils is only for sending status data from
Nagios->Database.

However, if performance is your issue, then since Nagios 2 the daemon
has written a cache file containing pre-processed configuration data to
a temporary file as it runs. The CGIs can read this for massive
performance improvements - I've already made my downtime_sched utility
use this file if available and things are much better.  As far as Nagios
itself goes, once it has read in the config file, then it holds the
config in memory so theres no performance gain regardless.

Steve

I was trying to install  NDOUtils to mainly store Nagios 3.0
configuration information in the database and have Nagios pull config.
info from it and use it instead of from the configuration files(The idea
was to improve performance from what I'm told). However, It seems like
You can only read info from the Nagios daemon using the NDOUTILS
components but not the other way. 2 things, can this be done and if yes
how would you go about it ? This is on a Linux machine, and for Nagios
3.0, latest NDOUtils.