Nagios Configuration

Corey Mosher coreym at novexsoftware.com
Wed Jul 11 13:06:29 CEST 2007

Hi there,
We are currently using nagios installed on an internal server.  It
monitors various external servers in different locations.  When our ISP
connection goes down occasionally, we get a flurry of notifications
(about 30 saying that systems are down and another 30 when the
connection comes back up).  I'm looking for a way that we can suppress
those notifications and just send out one saying that the internet
connection is down.  Ideally I'd like to have a check for internet
(perhaps by checking that it can get to google) then if it sees the
internet connection go down, notify and turn off all other tests
temporarily.  Can anyone help me in how I might configure something like
this?

Thanks

--
*Corey Mosher*