multi purpose VBSCript

Peter Edmonds termx23 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 17:15:40 CEST 2007

On 7/6/07, riky.none at email.it <riky.none at email.it> wrote:
> I must check status backup veritas
> the command is ca_qmgr.exe -l
>
> the output is :

<output of command follows>

Riky,

The easiest way to handle this would be to redirect the output of the
command to a text file on a web server

ca_qmgr.exe -l > \\webserver\output.txt

I use this method on Windows servers when I need to check for a
particular string in the command output. It is much easier (for me) to
use the check_http plugin to check for a string than to parse a text
file located on a Windows share using Perl. Obviously you would have
to have at least 1 Windows machine as a web server for this to be
useful.

Using the check_http plugin allows me to avoid having to mess around
with mounting Windows shares via Samba and other various
complications.

Peter Edmonds